View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elethiomel
Veteran

re: A slightly-less rigid and more informal meeting of people...

...who may or may not presently be members of any particular guild.

It's been months since the topic of the RLGM (wherever, whenever that might be) was raised. It's warm outside. There is even sometimes sun shining. So I would like to propose some sorta meetup thing that's got a few less strings attached than flying to another country.

Where: A pub in London somewhere, probably centralish, maybe somewhere else. Proposals for venues welcome.
When: A Saturday, sometime in July or August.
Plan: Meet up and be merry.

The question is, when? The RLGM turned into a logistical nightmare with people not able to attend various dates, but if this thing works out then there's absolutely no reason why we can't do it on a semi-regular basis, which means there's less of a problem if you can't make it — we can just do it again another time.

So, reply if any of these dates seems suitable for you to head on into town:

July 3rd
July 10th
July 17th
July 24th
July 31st

August 7th
August 14th
August 21st
August 28th

I'm including a few dates which I know for a fact I can't make, but balls to that — I think it'd be better I get the ball rolling and not make it myself than the ball not move at all anyway.

Also: I know London isn't perfect for everyone, but it's a major city a lot of us live near to with good transport links. I'm sure that a few of us might be able to host people on sofas etcetera if people are travelling from further afield. If not, well London has a diverse and friendly homeless community who will undoubtedly welcome you with open arms.

So...?
Mertissielle
Officer

Yeah cool - I'll drag that idiot Square with me as well if I can. Anything pre-July 11th is obviously World Cup flavoured so that may impact things slightly (the 3rd and 10th are Quarter Final and 3rd Place Playoff respectively and both could potentially feature England given the way the fixtures have panned out).

Generally cool for whenever though - don't raid Saturdays so just pick a day that works for other people and I'll come along Happy

[18:45:05][R] [Ankar]: amg i want a bf -||- [21:05:23][G] [Ankar]: i like balls
THE BEST HUNTER IS ANKAR IS THE BEST HUNTER

Eiba
Officer

I'll be up for this but most likely the ones in august are better, will update as I find out more.
Don Ravorin
Officer

I'll fly over probably.

Is the transport from Heathrow or the other airports to hte central city any good?

And where is the best place to sleep close to the city and cheap. (yes i'm dutch)

Anywhere end july/ begin august will probably do for me.

You can get a train or the tube direct into the centre of London fairly easily, although check before you fly — they do tend to do engineering works at weekends which would make tube travel difficult. There's a very fast train (15 minutes journey, every 15 minutes) that'll take you directly to Paddington in the centre of London but it's a bit more expensive than the tube.

As for where to stay... there are a million choices! I'd suggest a cheap hotel or B&B somewhere near Paddington. A Travelodge or something. I'd offer the spare room in my new place but we'll have only just moved in by then so it's probably going to be full of boxes for a while! If we make this a regular thing then I'm sure it'll be available on some future occasion though.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aranoch Forum Index -> Public Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum