View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Mertissielle
Officer

re: RLGM Update

NOTE: This thread is the most up-to-date on the subject as of February 2010.

Due to some seriously profound laziness on the part of Tasha and I, it has been decided that we need the help of Rav (and possibly also JC from Nocti) to organise things again. The RLGM will now almost certainly be:

• In the Netherlands
  • From Friday to Monday over the second weekend of May
  • Cheap as chips
  • Awesome

Accomodation and festivities will probably cost around €120ish I think, plus travel from wherever you come from. You probably won't need much in the way of spending money but bring a little bit to cover you in case we eat out or go bowling or something again.

If you're the sort to drink spirits you may wish to get these from Schiphol as the licensing laws in the Netherlands are designed specifically to stop you buying anything harder than a Carlsbourg (ask Arkadi if you don't believe me). If you are interested in smoking weed there should be ample opportunity to pick some up from a café in Amsterdam before we set off but don't overbuy - the thought of all the green people had to leave behind last time could make a grown man weep.

If it's anything like last year the weather can go from blisteringly hot to monsoon literally overnight, so pack clothes for all occasions. But basically it'll be awesome so please let Donravorin or me know if you can come or if you're hoping to by PMing us on this forum Happy

[18:45:05][R] [Ankar]: amg i want a bf -||- [21:05:23][G] [Ankar]: i like balls
THE BEST HUNTER IS ANKAR IS THE BEST HUNTER

Brentje (Recyko)
Veteran

On what location in Netherlands? If it's not to far from my place I could drop by for 1 day.
Mithrawndo

Last time it was in south/central netherlands - Ousterhout - and I'd wager that it'll probably be there again as the venue was pretty good.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Oosterhout&sll=51.647744,4.872952&sspn=0.039943,0.111494&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Oosterhout,+North+Brabant,+The+Netherlands&z=12
Brentje (Recyko)
Veteran

That's only 125km from my home, so I might drop by. depends on my work and what you're doing that day.
druidross

hmm id defo want to come Happy and will be getting dates of travel from u lot so that with my final n last pay check from work i can buy a playn ticket for a flight to amsterdam Happy

(Im a Tree LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL)
Flep

I'll definatly come along then Happy
Mertissielle
Officer

I just received a text from JC saying that maybe they'd prefer to have it toward the end of Summer. I'm hesitant because that clashes with Cuth's wedding and I know he was very keen to come again. However, don't go booking that weekend off work just yet, it is liable to change it seems.

[18:45:05][R] [Ankar]: amg i want a bf -||- [21:05:23][G] [Ankar]: i like balls
THE BEST HUNTER IS ANKAR IS THE BEST HUNTER

Rathven
Veteran

Of all the weekends you choose, its one of the only few that we are busy and can't change plans for Happy

From a work point of view end of summer would be better for me, but whatever works out best for everyone
Don Ravorin
Officer

Small update;

I've spoken with JC and talked about all pro's and con's on having it end of summer or half may.

It seems like we'll have more people attending when we do this late summer. So I'm going to select 2 weekends; 1 half May and 1 end August ,and let Mert make a poll about it.

Keep checking for updates!

WHAT? You're expecting me to maybe wait around til August for an amazing weekend? Methinks you ask too much.

Also, don't forget, a lot of people book their summer holidays abroad that time of year. :s

With me by their side, pasties are gonna take over the world.
Don Ravorin
Officer

That's exactly why it's hard to arrange this year.. too soon wouldn't be usefull , in May there is only 1 weekend that would be suitable and August is late.. I'll come back on this later people.. it's hard arranging things on short notice. We have a load of bank holidays here in Holland in May which makes it even harder...

Think the problem with nocti for may is that they have a lot of students that will be studying/taking exams at that time
JimmyW1
Officer

Woooott i'm still here envy gief rlgm gief gief gief

Arkadi
Officer

JIMMY!!!!!

We miss ya mate.
Elethiomel
Veteran

Bumping this due to curiousness about whether/when this is going to happen. May is pretty darned near now, and I'm wondering if it's still going to be this timeframe or later, based on some of these comments. What gives, peoples?
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aranoch Forum Index -> Public Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum